Fine lines are caused by the natural breakdown of collagen and elastin in the skin. As we age, our bodies can’t produce enough collagen to replenish what has been lost and its ability to protect itself from damage is also diminished. Your skin begins to lose its strength and elasticity over time. Fine lines first tend to appear around the eyes and mouth in your thirties.
While fine lines are a normal part of aging, they make the skin appear tired and can be of significant cosmetic concern.
• Mild – Almost invisible even when the face is moving.
• Moderate – Only visible when the face is moving.
• Advanced – visible at rest, but evident when tired or dehydrated.
• Severe – The lines are apparent all the time even when the face is at rest, this is when it is considered a wrinkle.
• Exposure to the sun
• Breakdown of collagen
• Skin movement
• Mild – In this case, it’s important to help your body produce more collagen naturally in order to build thicker fuller skin, naturally and without invasive treatments. This is usually done with either Rejuve RF, Exilis, LED Therapy, or Endermolift.
• Moderate – At this stage, it’s important to rebuild, not only produce more collagen. Taking the next step with the likes of Carboxy Therapy, CO2 Fractional Laser, and Hifu.
• Advanced – If you come to us at this stage the line has become apparent and we need to correct that quickly, with Fillers, Meso Fillers, Botox, or Threads in combination with treatments mentioned above.
• Severe – Treatments at this stage require the joint efforts of multiple treatments, as well as more time for the reformation of new collagen over time.
• Avoid the sun
• Hydrate your skin
• Use scrubs
• Try sleeping on your back
• Avoid drying soaps