An aging skin is a common sign of aging. Your skin gradually loses its elasticity and starts to droop all over. The skin around your eyes, including your eyelids, can be especially prone to loosening and drooping with age because the skin in this area is very thin.
Loose skin on the eyelids can be a cosmetic concern to some, and a medical threat to others.
Droopy eyelid is a naturally occurring issue in some people. It creates a characteristic ‘sleepy eye’ look. And sometimes droopy eyelids can then become beyond just the cosmetic aspect and can also let you face some difficulties with the eye vision.
Droopy eyelids can be caused by medical conditions. Other factors can include:
• Alcohol abuse
• Poor nutrition
• Over-exposure to the sun
• Systemic conditions, lifestyle & induced causes
• Infection or inflammation
• Previous eye surgery
• Fatigue, eye strain and lack of sleep
• Allergies and fluid retention
• Facial palsy which may be accompanied by a facial droop